Chicken tortilla is a Spanish recipe. Zingy chicken and fresh vegetables wrapped up in a light soft flour wrap makes the perfect flavor packed lunch. Learn how to make this mouth watering dish in easy steps.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Chicken Tortilla
- Flour tortilla large- 4
- aluminum foil
- olive oil- 2 tbsp
- chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)- 1 lb
- chopped onion- ½ lb
- crushed garlic- 1
- crushed tomatoes- 1 ½
- chopped green chilies- 3 ounces
- minced parsley or cilantro- 2 tbsp
- salt to taste
- ground cumin- 1 tsp
- oregano- ½ tsp
- water- 1cup
- lemon juice- 1 tbsp
- pine nuts- 2 tbsp
- salsa- ½ cup
How to make Chicken Tortilla
- Oven must be preheated to 200 F.
- Then the tortillas must be wrapped in aluminum foil and heated in oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat up some oil on medium flames in a skillet.
- Add the chicken into oil and sauté them till they are golden brown.
- Add onion and some garlic into the chicken and fry for another 4-5 minutes.
- Drop in the rest of the ingredients, increase the temperature to high and bring it all to a boil.
- Reduce the flames to low and cover the skillet.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is nice and tender. Drop in some lemon juice.
- Take the dish out of the skillet and transfer it to a platter.
- Keep it warm and sprinkle those pine nuts into it.
- Now take this chicken mixture and fill it into tortillas and serve with salsa.
Some Useful Tips
- To make sure your homemade chili, garlic and ginger paste stays fresh for long add a tbsp of hot vegetable/ sunflower/ canola oil into it and mix well. Keep them in refrigerator and use when necessary.
Other Similar Recipes
- Chicken ki Chap
- Hyderabadi chicken dum ka biryani
- Dum ka Murg
- Turkey Recipes
- Murg Noorjehani