Chicken Tarkari is an international recipe of Nepal. It is an easy and tasty dish.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Chicken Tarkari
- Finely chopped onion - 3 cups Onion
- Yogurt - 2 cups
- Chicken stock - 2 cups
- Cloves- 5
- Bruised cardamom - 5
- Cinnamon stick - 1
- Bay leaves - 2
- Minced garlic- 1 tbsp
- Minced ginger - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- Chili powder - 1 tsp
- Fresh ground pepper
- Grated nutmeg - 1/4 tsp
- Mustard oil - 4 tbsp
- Salt acc to taste
- Chopped cilantro for garnishing - 2 tbsp
How to make Chicken Tarkari
- Mix pepper, salt, turmeric, and chicken pieces in a large bowl. Shake it well.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan. Add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, and bay leaves. Fry them for about 30 seconds.
- Now add finely chopped onions and fry them till the onions get brown. Add ginger and garlic into the mixture of onion and fry for about 30 seconds.
- Now to the above mixture add coriander, grated nutmeg, cumin, and chili powder. Stir them properly on a low flame.
- Now increase the flame to medium, put chicken pieces into it and stir properly
- After that add chicken stock and yogurt to the above mixture (browned chicken). Reduce the flame to low and let the chicken cook until it gets tender. Make sure that the sauce also gets thickened.
- Cook for about 35-40 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, switch off the flame and remove the chicken from it.
- Serve immediately with boiled rice or roti. Also garnish it with finely chopped cilantro.
Some Useful Tips
- Add chopped cilantro to garnish the Chicken Tarkari.
Other Similar Recipes
- Chicken Fried Rice
- Honey Chicken
- Chicken Curry