Chicken Stew is an easy and unique recipe. It can be served over couscous and rice.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Chicken Stew
- Roasted and cut chicken - 4 to 5 pounds
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp
- Water - 1 1/2
- Broth or sherry - 1/2 cup
- Salt - 2 tsp
- Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Halved white onions - 8 to 10 small
- Frozen or fresh peas - 1 cup
- Thinly sliced carrots - 1 cup
- Diced turnip - 1/2 cup
- Diced potatoes - 1 cup
- Frozen or fresh corn - 1/2 cup
- Paste of 1/2 cup of cool water and 1/3 cup of flour
How to make Chicken Stew
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Add pieces of chicken to it and cook until chicken color changes to brown from all sides.
- Now add pepper, sherry, water, and salt to it.
- Cover the skillet with the lid and cook for about 45 minutes.
- Now add carrots, potatoes, peas, turnip, corn, and onions. And cook for about 35-45 minutes on low flame.
- Now mix the paste of flour and water, cook continuously until stew gets thickened.
- Serve it over the bed of rice.
Some Useful Tips
- If you prefer making paste of garlic, ginger, and fresh chili at home, then don’t forget to add canola/ sunflower/ or vegetable oil to it. Mix it well. Refrigerate it and use as if required.
Other Similar Recipes
- Turkey stew
- Vegetable stew
- Laganshala stew
- Octopus stew