Chicken Sekuwa is a marinated chicken in the spices and herbs of himalayan. It is really a very tasty dish.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Chicken Sekuwa
- Boneless chicken breasts – 2 lbs
- Curry powder – 1 tsp
- Nepali Chicken Masala - 4 tbsp
- Mustard oil/ Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp
- Fresh red chilies - 5
- Turmeric powder - 1 tbsp
- Grated nutmeg - 1 tsp
- Timor - 1 tsp
- Yogurt - 1 cup
- Paste of garlic - 2 tbsp
- Paste of ginger - 2 tbsp
- Chopped cilantro - 2 tbsp
- Salt as per needed
How to make Chicken Sekuwa
- Blend all the ingredients which will be using for marinating into a fine paste.
- Now marinate the chicken pieces into the paste and keep it freeze overnight.
- Now pat the dry pieces of marinated chicken and tie them with the soaked bamboo skewers with the help of thread.
- Now pre heat the non stick tava, apply some butter over it. Place the skewed marinated chicken pieces on the tava and cook them. Cook them evenly from both the sides by applying butter to it.
- Chicken Sekuwa is ready to serve. Serve it with rice and fried vegetables, along with tomato pickle.
Some Useful Tips
- In cold water soak the bamboo skewers for about 30 minutes so that it would not get burn while cooking.
Other Similar Recipes
- Chicken Kebab
- Chicken Pakoda
- Chicken Curry