Chicken Sandwich as a name suggests is a sandwich made up of burger filled with skinless, boneless chicken breasts and a layer of lettuce leaves over it. It is a very delicious dish. It is most popular in America.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
Ingredients for Chicken Sandwich
- Chicken breasts – 4 (frozen)
- Bay leaf -1
- Cheese - 4 ounces
- Pepper corns – 2 to 3
- Onion – ½
- Finely chopped celery – ½ cup
- Chopped spring onions – ¼ cup
- White or brown bread of good quality – 10 slices
- Chopped chives – 2 tablespoon
How to make Chicken Sandwich
- Put chicken breasts in a medium sized saucepan.
- Add enough water so that chicken breasts dip in it completely. Now add bay leaf into it, chopped onions, few pepper corns.
- Let them to cook up to boil.
- Now reduce the flame to low and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the sauce pan from the flame and keep aside to let it cool.
- Once the chicken mixture has cool down, cut it into thin slices.
- Now put the boiled chicken pieces into a bowl along with chives, celery, chopped spring onions and stir it well until it get mixed completely.
- Sprinkle some pepper and salt over it.
- Now take 5-6 slices of bread, place the chicken mixture over it, and cover the mixture with another slice of bread.
- Now make three portions of the sandwich and serve it with cold drink.
Some Useful Tips
- One can increase or decrease the quantity of green chilies into the chicken according to your taste.
- The chicken can be greased with butter and can be cooked in an oven instead of following the above process.
Other Similar Recipes
- Teriyaki Chicken sandwich
- Chicken Sandwich with Cheddar Cheese
- Chicken Fillet Sandwich