Samosa is a kind of pastry. It is most popular among all age groups. It is in triangular shaped filled with delicious stuffing generally prepared with spicy potatoes, peas, onions, coriander leaves, and paneer. Chicken Samosa is also a part of this family. You must try it at home. It tastes good.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Chicken Samosa
- 1 cup – finely chopped Onions
- 1 teaspoon - paste of ginger
- finely chopped garlic – 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon – finely chopped Green chili
- Small pieces of chicken – 3
- 3 teaspoon - powder of red chili
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon – pepper powder
- 2 teaspoon – Fennel powder
- Oil and salt as per requirement
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
How to make Chicken Samosa
- Make a paste of turmeric powder, chili powder, and red chili. Marinate the pieces of chicken. Keep aside for about 30 minutes.
- Now shallow the pieces of marinated chicken for stuffing.
- Heat some oil in a large wok.
- Add chopped green chilies, garlic, ginger paste, and chopped onions to it. Fry them properly till onions become golden brown.
- Add a pinch of fennel and turmeric powder.
- Cook till onions color changes.
- Now crush the pieces of marinated chicken and add it into the wok.
- Sauté for about few minutes or until a nice flavor starts coming out.
- Now in a mix bowl, mix whole wheat flour with water. Knead it well and make smooth dough.
- Make out small balls out of the dough.
- Give them a disc shape. Now divide the disc into 4 equal parts.
- Stuff each part with the chicken mixture.
- Now seal the edges of the partition and seal by giving them a triangular shape.
- Do the same with the remaining parts also.
- Now heat some oil in a wok. Put these stuffed Samosa into it. Shallow fry them.
- Fry till the color of the Samosa changes to golden brown.
- Now turn the Samosa and cook from other side as well.
- Now the chicken Samosa ready to serve.
- Serve it with coriander chutney or saunth.
Some Useful Tips
- Shallow fry the Samosa until they get crisp and color changes to golden brown.
Other Similar Recipes
- Chicken Stew and Coconut Milk From South India
- Aloo Ka Samosa
- Chicken Pakora Indian Style