Chicken Saagwala as the name suggests Chicken in spinach. It is made in the spinach gravy. In the end it comes out with great taste and flavors.
|Preparation Time||20 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Chicken Saagwala
- Pieces of chicken - 1
- Pureed spinach - 3 Cups
- Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Bay leaf - 1
- Paste of ginger - 1 teaspoon
- Paste of garlic - 1 teaspoon
- Grated onions - 1/2 Cup
- Puree of tomato - 1/4 Cup
- Salt - 2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala - 1/4 teaspoon
- Red pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander seeds powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cream to garnish
How to make Chicken Saagwala
- Heat about 1 cup of oil. Add cumin to it. When cumin seeds starts crackle adds ginger, bay leaf, and garlic; cook until they gets brown in color.
- Now add onions to the above mixture. Cook till they get soft.
- Now add the pieces of chicken and cook over high flame. Turn the chicken time to time and cook till opaque.
- Reduce the flame to low, toss for some time; make sure the chicken becomes tender.
- Now add tomato puree and toss till all the fat appears.
- Add salt, red pepper, and garam Masala. Mix it properly.
- Now add finely grated spinach to the mixture and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Take out the chicken from the skillet. Garnished it with the cream.
- Chicken Saagwala is now prepared.
Some Useful Tips
- One can increase or decrease the quantity of green chilies into the chicken according to your taste.
- The chicken can be greased with butter and can be cooked in an oven instead of following the above process
Other Similar Recipes
- Chicken Stock
- Chicken Rezala
- Thai Chicken Pad
- Chicken Quesadillas
- Chicken Fidello