Chicken porridge also named as chicken congee. It is second in number after chicken soup. It is also rich in dietary fiber.
|Preparation Time||30 mins|
|Cooking Time||25 mins|
Ingredients for Chicken Porridge
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Diced onion - 1
- Crushed garlic cloves - 2
- Peeled off and thinly sliced ginger - 1 (size of 2 inch)
- Split chicken wings - 2 1/4 pounds( tips also discarded)
- Fish sauce - 1 tbsp
- Chicken broth - 5 1/4 cups
- Glutinous sweet rice - 1 cup
- Pepper and salt as needed.
- Chopped green onion - 1
- Sliced lemon- 1
- For sprinkle fish sauce - 1 tsp
How to make Chicken Porridge
- Heat up olive oil in a large skillet over medium flame.
- Add onion, ginger, and garlic to it and cook until they start giving fragrance.
- Now add the chicken wings and cook for about 1 minute. Stir it well.
- Now add fish sauce to it and stir it properly. Cover the skillet with the lid and cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Now put the chicken broth into the skillet, and add sweet rice to it. Mix it well.
- Boil the mixture completely by covering the skillet with the lid.
- Time to time check that the rice does not stick to the bottom of the skillet.
- Now add pepper and salt to it.
- Garnish it with finely chopped green onion.
- Serve it with sliced lemon, and fish sauce if needed.
Some Useful Tips
- If you prefer making paste of garlic, ginger, and fresh chili at home, then don’t forget to add canola/ sunflower/ or vegetable oil to it. Mix it well. Refrigerate it and use as if required.
Other Similar Recipes
- Spring Chicken
- Chicken Fajitas
- Murg Lajawab
- Chicken Saffron Biryani
- Spicy Shredded Chicken