Chicken Pie is a unique and tasty dish. It can be made at home. It usually uses cooked chicken and two crusts along with lemon sauce and chicken broth.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||35 mins|
Ingredients for Chicken Pie
- Pastry made from two crusts. Stored or homemade.
- Butter - 6 tbsp
- Flour - 6 tbsp
- Salt as per needed.
- Pepper - 1/8 tsp
- Chicken broth - 1 3/4 cups
- half-and-half – 2/3 cup
- cooked and chopped chicken - 3 cups
How to make Chicken Pie
- First make pastry from crusts, make two portions of it. 2 /3 rd in one and 1 /3 rd in one.
- Now roll the big portion of the pastry and place it in a baking dish of about 1 1/2-quart size.
- Now heat up butter in a sauce pan, add flour to it, seasoned it and cook until the flour gets bubbly and smooth.
- Add enough liquids and again cook slowly till the flour gets thickened. Now add chicken to it. Pour this into pastry dish pan.
- Now roll out the remaining portion of the pastry, cover the chicken with this rolled pastry and seal the edges properly.
- Preheat the oven at 425°F for about 35 min, or till pastry gets browned.
Some Useful Tips
- If you prefer making paste of garlic, ginger, and fresh chili at home, then don’t forget to add canola/ sunflower/ or vegetable oil to it. Mix it well. Refrigerate it and use as if required.
Other Similar Recipes
- Chicken tarragon pie
- Cheats chicken puff pies
- Spanish chicken pie
- Mushroom chicken and ham pie
- Hairy bikers chicken pie