Chicken Piccata is so simple and fast in making. It adds to the fancy dinner dish. This dish is so simple that you can make it in a few minutes. It is made with chicken breasts coated with lemon sauce and capers.
|Preparation Time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||15 mins|
Ingredients for Chicken Piccata
- Skinless and boneless chicken breasts - 4 (4 oz. each)
- Peeled and finely chopped large onion - 1
- Peeled and crushed garlic - 2 cloves
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoon
- All purpose flour - ½ cup
- Butter - 2 tablespoon
- Dry cherry - ½ cup
- Lemons -2
- Capers - 2 tablespoon
- Chicken broth - 1 cup
- Finely chopped Italian parsley - 2 tablespoon
How to make Chicken Piccata
- Wrap up chicken breasts with waxed paper. Let it get flattened to about size of 1 /4 inch.
- In a deep pan mix pepper, combine flour, salt, and paprika. Marinate the chicken breasts with this mixture.
- Now heat olive oil and butter in a deep skillet. Cook chicken breasts for about 3 minutes from both sides.
- Drain out all fat from the chicken except 2 tablespoon of oil. Mix chicken broth into it very well. Cook until chicken gets browned.
- Now add lemon juice to the chicken broth and cook again.
- Cook the chicken becomes tender and sauce becomes thick. Add capers also if needed.
- Serve it with pasta or any green vegetable.
Some Useful Tips
- If you prefer making paste of garlic, ginger, and fresh chili at home, then don’t forget to add canola/ sunflower/ or vegetable oil to it. Mix it well. Refrigerate it and use as if required.
Other Similar Recipes
- Rosemary grilled chicken
- Chicken in lemon butter sauce
- Lemon chicken bake
- Chicken piccata with lemon
- Chicken piccata pasta toss