Easily prepare chicken- peas curry by following this recipe. Chicken- peas curry is essentially a combination of chicken and peas along with the spices.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Chicken-Peas Curry
- 200g green pea
- 500g chicken
- Coriander leaves- 1 sprig
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 150 ml oil
- 2 onions
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Salt as needed
- 1 tsp tandoori masala powder
How to make Chicken-Peas Curry
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Drop in tejpatta, jeera and dried red chill.
- Once jeera begins to splutter add onions to it and fry till they are golden brown.
- Drop in garlic ginger paste
- Sauté all the items for 2 minutes
- Add tomatoes and powdered masalas and fry till it starts leaving oil.
- Drop in chicken keema and fry for 5 miutes. Add salt as per taste.
- Pour 2 cups of water
- Keep cooking under pressure until cooker give off a whistle.
- Reduce the flames and cook for 18-20minutes
- Heat up some oil in a wok.
- Add cumin seeds, when it starts to splutter add peas.
- Fry for 2 minutes and then add the turmeric powder, salt and red chili powder.
- Turn the flame low and let peas cook.
- Switch off the gas.
- Open the pressure cooker and add peas to it.
- Take off the flames and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Best served with chapattis and steamed rice.
Some Useful Tips
- For thickening the sauce use corn flour mixed in a bit of water.
- Be careful when adding corn flour, you don’t want to end up with a glue like tick sauce. Add it in small quantities and allow it to react with the sauce.
- You can also add some potatoes cubes in the sauce.
Other Similar Recipes
- Spicy Shredded Chicken
- Chicken Fajitas
- Andhra Chicken Fry
- Chicken Curry
- Pepper Chicken