Chicken Panang is a famous Thai cuisine. It is a combination of coconut milk, chicken breasts, and panand curry paste.
|Preparation Time||25 mins|
|Cooking Time||25 mins|
Ingredients for Chicken Panang
- Peanut sauce - 1/2 cup
- Curry powder - 2 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Sliced and cooked chicken - 1 lb
- Coconut milk - 1/4 cup
- Lime leaves - 4
- Coconut cream - 1/4 cup
- Fish Sauce - 1 tbsp
- Lime juice - 1 tbsp
- Soft brown sugar - 2 tsp
How to make Chicken Panang
- Mix the curry powder and peanut sauce.
- now heat up the oil in a large pan; add onion to it and the curry peanut sauce mixture.
- Cook over medium flame. Keep aside for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk to it. Boil them.
- now add the lime leaves and cooked chicken into the pan. Reduce the flame to low and cook for about 15 minutes.
- now take out the chicken from the pan.
- Cook the sauce remained in the pan for more 5 minutes until it gets thicker.
- now return back the chicken into the pan.
- Add fish sauce, brown sugar, coconut cream, and lime juice. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot with boiled rice.
Some Useful Tips
- One can increase or decrease the quantity of green chilies into the chicken according to your taste.
- The chicken can be greased with butter and can be cooked in an oven instead of following the above process.
Other Similar Recipes
- Chilli Chicken with Gravy
- Chicken Rasam
- Chilly Chicken
- Chicken Manchurian
- Murgh Do Piaza