Chicken khurma is a famous South Asia dish. It is very delicious and tasty. It is a kind of curry. It generally serve with rice or naan.
|Preparation Time||20 mins|
|Cooking Time||35 mins|
Ingredients for Chicken Khurma
- Medium sized pieces of Chicken - 1 - 1.5lb
- Finely chopped onions - 2 medium size
- Roughly chopped green Chilies - 3
- Finely chopped ginger - 1/2 inch in size
- 1 /4 cup of grated coconut
- 1 /2 teaspoon - Turmeric powder
- 1 /2 teaspoon - Coriander powder
- 1 /2 teaspoon - Cumin seed powder
- 1 teaspoon - Saunf
- 1 teaspoon - Garam Masala
- Salt acc to taste
- Oil as per requirement
- 2 tablespoon - Coriander leaves
How to make Chicken Khurma
- In a blender, blend saunf, ginger, green chilies, and half onion. Make a paste and keep aside.
- Now mix grated coconut and some water. Grind it properly. Keep aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat little oil; add rest of the onions along with garam Masala. Cook the onions for some time.
- Then add paste (saunf, ginger, green chilies, and onions) and cook.
- Now add coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt, and cumin seed powder. Fry this complete mixture. Add little water if required.
- Now add chicken pieces to the mixture. Also some water to it. Cover the sauce pan with a lid. Allow the content to cook for about 1/2 hr - 1 hour. Make sure the chicken is done.
- Once chicken is cooked, put coconut paste into the chicken and some water also.
- Keep the mixture to boil.
- Now garnish the chicken with coriander leaves.
- Serve it with roti or naan.
Some Useful Tips
- One can increase or decrease the quantity of green chilies into the chicken according to your taste.
- The chicken can be greased with butter and can be cooked in an oven instead of following the above process.
Other Similar Recipes
- Chicken tikka
- Malai murg
- Maloor chicken
- Quick cream of chicken soup
- Pepper chicken