Chicken Frankie is a popular dish of Bombay. It is simple to prepare and it is very tasty also. Basically it is prepared with the dosa batter with chicken filling.
|Preparation Time||20 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Chicken Frankie
- Boneless chicken - 250 grams ( small pieces)
- Tomato puree - 2 tomatoes,
- Finely chopped onion -1
- Crushed garlic cloves -4 to 5
- Finely grated ginger - 1 inch
- Amchur powder - 1.5 tablespoon
- Chilli powder - 1 tablespoon
- Garam Masala -1 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves - 1/2 tablespoon
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tablespoon
- Chopped coriander fresh leaves - 3 to 4 tablespoon
- Finely chopped fresh mint - 1 tablespoon
- Oil - 2 to 3 tablespoon
- Salt acc to taste
How to make Chicken Frankie
- Warm the oil in a sauce pan. Put ginger and garlic into the oil. Fry for about a minute.
- Add chopped onion, and fry till the onion becomes golden brown.
- Now add the tomato puree and all other ingredients except Amchur.
- Cook the tomato puree on a medium flame.
- Cook the above until the tomato cooked thoroughly or some of its moisture being evaporated.
- Now this time add the chicken to the tomato puree and cook again. Add water also if required. We want filling should be moist for Frankie not the dry one.
- Add amchur to the chicken once the cooking is finished. Also add fresh coriander, salt, and mint to it. Let it soak for few minutes.
- Keep aside for the development of taste
Some Useful Tips
- One can increase or decrease the quantity of green chilies into the chicken according to your taste.
- The chicken can be greased with butter and can be cooked in an oven instead of following the above process.
Other Similar Recipes
- Quick and easy curried chicken
- Lower fat easy Indian butter chicken
- Coconut curry chicken
- Traditional Indian chicken curry
- Chicken curry