Chicken Fatteh is a dish which consists of some pieces of roasted or fried bread. It is a light food among all dishes. It is crisp and flaky.
|Preparation Time||20 mins|
|Cooking Time||40 mins|
Ingredients for Chicken Fatteh
- Chicken- 1 small
- Onion- 1
- Rice - 1 cup
- Pita Bread - 1
- Sour yogurt - 500 grams
- Garlic cloves - 3
- Spices for seasonings and for acc to taste.
How to make Chicken Fatteh
- First clean the chicken. Apply a coat of salt, cardamom seeds, pepper, and nutmeg to the chicken acc to taste.
- Now peel the onion.
- Place the chicken, a cup of water, and whole onion into a chicken oven bag.
- Bake over medium temperature. Leave them to cook for about an hour.
- You can cook the chicken acc to the weight of the chicken.
- Now cut the pita bread into small squared sizes and fry them also.
- Boil the rice now.
- Place the slices of bread at the bottom of the pan.
- Now take out the chicken from the oven, put the complete stock of chicken upon the bread slice. Next mix the chicken stock with one spoon of crushed garlic clove and cooked rice.
- Now cover the chicken stock and bread combination with the remaining rice.
- Mix sour yogurt with the remaining two garlic cloves. Pour this mixture over the combination of bread and rice.
- Now remove all the bones from the chicken.
- Put the pieces of chicken onto the yogurt.
- Serve the chicken fatteh immediately.
Some Useful Tips
- One can increase or decrease the quantity of green chilies into the chicken according to your taste.
- The chicken can be greased with butter and can be cooked in an oven instead of following the above process.
Other Similar Recipes
- Beef zurbian
- Chicken cannelloni
- Thai style stir fried seafood
- Libyan lamb couscous
- Chicken sanuna