Chicken Fajitas are generally prepared with beef, but one can go for boneless chicken also. Chicken Fajitas are easy and quick in making.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||15 mins|
Ingredients for Chicken Fajita
- canola oil- 2 tbsp
- Boneless chicken halves -3 ( thin slices)
- Thin sliced onion -1
- Garlic -2 cloves
- Red or light green chili pepper, thin sliced and seeded - 4
- Sweet red bell pepper, thin sliced and seeded - 1
- Sweet green bell pepper, thin sliced and seeded - 1
- Zucchini, peeled off and thin sliced - 1
- Warm flour tortillas - 8
- Sour cream -1/2 cup
- Peeled off and thin sliced spring onions - 1 bunch
How to make Chicken Fajita
- Heat oil in a deep pan; put the chicken strips into the pan, cook them over high flame, stir it for 5 minutes or until chicken cooked. Now drain out the chicken from the pan.
- Now add onion, chili peppers, garlic to the oil; cook for 2 minutes over high flame.
- Now add zucchini, bell peppers to the oil; cook for 4 minutes over high flame or till all the vegetables cooked from its edges.
- Bring back chicken to the pan, cook until chicken becomes hot.
- Serve immediately along with warm tortillas, guacamole, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, sliced green onions.
- You can serve it with boiled rice and fried beans.
Some Useful Tips
- One can increase or decrease the quantity of green chilies into the chicken according to your taste.
- The chicken can be greased with butter and can be cooked in an oven instead of following the above process.
Other Similar Recipes
- Chicken Monterey
- Nacho chicken recipe
- Chicken taco casserole
- Chicken and tortilla casserole
- Chicken tortilla bake