Chicken Eggplant is a delicious recipe. This recipe is unique in itself. This recipe is an easy recipe in its own way because you don’t require cooking the chicken or eggplant.
|Preparation Time||30 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Chicken Eggplant
- Eggplants -3 peeled off and sliced lengthwise of about ½ inches.
- Olive oil 3 tbsp
- Boneless and skinless chicken halves - 6 ( diced)
- Diced onion - 1
- Tomato paste - 2tbsp
- Water - ½ cup
- Dried oregano - 2 tbsp
- Pepper and salt acc to taste
How to make Chicken Eggplant
- Put strips of eggplant in a pan; pour some salted water over it. Let the eggplant soak for about 30 minutes. This is done because it will boost up the taste of eggplant. Also it will leave some color into the pan.
- Now take out eggplant from the pan. Apply some olive oil over it. Fry in a pan until color changes to light brown. Place it in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Keep aside.
- Now cook diced chicken in a big pan over medium flame. Add onion to it also. Also add tomato paste and water to the chicken; cover the pan, reduce the flame and let them cook for about 10 minutes.
- Now preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Now place chicken with tomato mixture over eggplant. Seasoned it with oregano, pepper, salt and cover it with aluminum foil.
- Let the chicken bake for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes take out the chicken along with eggplant and serve hot.
Some Useful Tips
- One can increase or decrease the quantity of green chilies into the chicken according to your taste.
- The chicken can be greased with butter and can be cooked in an oven instead of following the above process.
Other Similar Recipes
- Chicken or eggplant parmesan
- Chicken and eggplant cutlets
- Chicken with eggplant
- Chicken- eggplant parmigian
- Eggplant chicken