Chicken dilruba is a Punjabi dish. It is very delicious and awesome dish. Generally Chicken Dilruba cooked with thick curry. Saffron gives it beautiful flavor.
|Preparation Time||30 mins|
|Cooking Time||45 mins|
Ingredients for Chicken Dilruba
- Onions 2 medium
- 1 cup of milk
- Finely chopped fresh ginger roots -2 tablespoon
- Punjabi garam Masala -2 tablespoon
- Vegetable oil/ Butter -6 tablespoon
- Ground turmeric - 1 tablespoon
- Properly skinned chicken – 1 kg
- Finely chopped or minced green cayenne peppers – 2 to 3 ( you can use jalapenos/ serennos properly minced as a substitute)
- Fresh plain yogurt - 1 cup
- Ground Cayenne and Salt acc to taste
- Ground almonds - 1/4 cup
- A few number of whole saffron dipped in a 2 tablespoon of hot milk.
- Ground walnuts - 1/4 cup
How to make Chicken Dilruba
- In a bowl make a fine paste of ginger and onions.
- Fry this paste in butter in a deep pan till color changes to golden brown.
- Now mix chicken and yogurt together properly. Cook them over a low heat, until chicken turns brown and mixture gets thicker.
- Grind the walnuts, almonds, and melon seeds finely. Let them stir into the milk for some time.
- Now add this mixture to the chicken. Also add other ingredients such as turmeric powder, chili peppers, ground cayenne, salt, and garam Masala.
- Cook the complete mixture over medium flame for 10-15 minutes. Make sure that the chicken becomes tender and the curry becomes thick.
- Now again stir the chicken into the saffron milk mixture and cook for about 1-2 minutes more.
- Chicken dilruba is ready.
- Serve it with naan, parantha, or roti.
Some Useful Tips
- If you prefer making paste of garlic, ginger, and fresh chili at home, then don’t forget to add canola/ sunflower/ or vegetable oil to it. Mix it well. Refrigerate it and use as if required.
Other Similar Recipes
- Chicken Chatpata
- Dilruba Raita
- Chicken Lajwab
- Chicken Tikka
- Chicken 65