Chicken Curry Mendes
Chicken Curry Mendes Recipe is an easy and homemade recipe. Garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves. You can have it with onion and tomato curry.
|Preparation Time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
Ingredients for Chicken Curry Mendes
- 1 Chicken medium sized.
- 10 gm garlic
- 10 gm ginger
- 10 gm kashmiri chilies, remove their seeds.
- 20 gm finely chopped coriander leaves.
- 5 gm turmeric powder.
- 1 large onion
- 5 pieces of cloves
- 2 cardamoms
- 5 Peppercorns
- 1 Bay leaf
- 100 gm fat.
- 250 gm Tomatoes
- Salt acc to taste
How to make Chicken Curry Mendes
- Joint and clean the chicken
- Mix Garlic, salt, and Ginger separately and grind them properly.
- Now apply a single coat on chicken. Keep aside for some time.
- In a bowl mix finely chopped coriander leaves, turmeric powder, and red chilies, grind them properly to make a fine paste.
- Now grind onion separately.
- In a pan boil oil or fat. Fry sliced onion till its color changes to light golden brown.
- Now add chicken to the fried onion and fry again. Also add all spices.
- Cook this mixture over low flame till flavor adds to the mixture
- Now again add finely chopped tomatoes and 1 cup of water to the mixture.
- Cook this till the chicken becomes breakable.
- Now roast all other ingredients like cloves, peppercorns, cardamoms, and bay leaf. Make fine powder of them.
- Now sprinkle this powder over the cooked chicken.
- Test for flavor and remove the pan from the burner.
- Garnish the cooked chicken with finely chopped coriander leaves.
Some Useful Tips
- One can increase or decrease the quantity of green chilies into the chicken according to your taste.
- The chicken can be greased with butter and can be cooked in an oven instead of following the above process.
Other Similar Recipes
- Chilli Chicken with Gravy
- Chicken Rasam
- Chilly Chicken
- Chicken Manchurian
- Murgh Do Piaza