Thandai is a very traditional cold drink from North India. It is prepared from almonds, milk, saffron, pepper, fennel seeds, rose petals, and sugar. It is generally made during holi and Maha Shivratri. It is very popular throughout north India.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Thandai
- Milk - 1 litre
- Water – 2 to 3 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Aniseed - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Almonds - 1 tablespoon
- Peppercorns – 10 to 12
- Saffron – A pinch of
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Watermelon seeds – dried - 1 tablespoon
- Poppy seeds - 1/2 tablespoon
- Rose petals - 1/4 Cup
How To Make Thandai
- Take a sauce pan. Pour milk into the sauce an. Boil the milk. Keep aside to cool.
- Now take water in a glass. Put almonds, poppy seeds, aniseed, Rose petals and watermelon seeds into the water and soak them.
- Make a smooth paste from the soaked items.
- Now put the remaining water into the paste and strain out the paste using muslin cloth.
- Now get that water into the glass. Add rest of the ingredients to it and mix properly.
- Blend the mixture along with milk properly.
- Keep it into the refrigerator.
- Serve after 1hour.
Other Similar Recipes