Shakarpara is an Indian sweet dish prepared during diwali. It is made from wheat flour, ghee, and sugar. It is crispy and sweet. Shakarpara are sugar coated wheat flour pieces which are deep fried and then dipped into sugar syrup.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Number Of Serves||4|
Ingredients for Shakarpara
- 500 gm – Maida( All-purpose flour)
- 100 gm – Ghee
- 11/2 teaspoon - Baking powder
- For kneading - Water
- For frying - Oil
For the coating
- 300 gm - Sugar
- 100 ml - Water
How To Make Shakarpara
- Filter the flour. Add ghee to it. Mix this mixture until breadcrumbs appears.
- Now add baking powder to the above mixture. Now again add water to the mixture and make a hard dough.
- Cover the dough with damp cloth for about 10-15 minutes.
- Take a wok. Put oil into the wok. Heat it. Now make three long rolls of the dough.
- Roll each of the roll up to ½ inches thickness and then cut each roll into ½ inches of pieces using knife.
- Now put all these small pieces of the dough into the hot oil and fry them over a medium flame till they becomes crisp and color changes to light golden.
- Now remove the fried portion from the oil and place them on tissue paper to drain out all the remaining oil.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining portion of the dough.
- Now take another pan. Add water and sugar into it. Boil this mixture up to consistency of one string.
- Remove the sugar syrup from flame. Add Shakarpara into the sugar syrup using flat spatula.
- Don’t mix the sugar in large quantity, because sugar will get harden.
- Now take out the Shakarpara from the sugar syrup and place them on tissue paper.
- Store them in an air tight container.
Other Similar Recipes
- Rye flour
- Whole wheat flour
- Blackstrap molasses buckwheat