Salt Pongal is one of the kinds of dish which requires minimum ingredients. It is prepared on the occasion of Pongal. It is really very tasty and delicious dish.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
|Number Of Serves||4|
Ingredients for Salt Pongal
- Basmati rice - 2 cup
- Moong dal - 1-1/2 cup
- Ghee - 2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Roasted cashew nuts - 10-12 pieces
- Salt acc to taste
- Pepper acc to taste
How To Make Salt Pongal
- Take rice and dal all together. Clean them. Now wash them thoroughly.
- Now take a vessel. Put washed rice and dal into the vessel. Add about ¼ litre water into it. When boiled, keep aside for some time.
- Now take sauce pan. Heat little ghee into it. Add cashew and cumin seeds to it. Fry them slightly.
- Add these fried cashew and cumin seeds to rice and dal. Now add pepper and salt to the rice and dal and serve hot.
Some Useful Tips
To make sweet Pongal you can add sugar to it.
Other Similar Recipes
- Sweet Pongal