Sabudana Kheer is a kind of gourmet dessert. It is prepared with soaked Sabudana and milk. For flavors you can add saffron also. This Sabudana Kheer is mostly popular among Hindu’s who do fasting on regular basis.
|Preparation Time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||15 mins|
|Number Of Serves||4|
Ingredients for Saboodana Kheer
- Sabudana ( Sago) - 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cups
- Milk - 1 litre
- Cardamom - 4 pods
- For saffron flavor- few flakes of saffron
How To Make Saboodana Kheer
- Take Sabudana. Wash it properly. Soak into water for about ½ hour.
- Now take milk into a large vessel. Add cardamom and sugar into the milk and boil them.
- Drain out the Sabudana from water using strainer and pour it into the boiled milk.
- Now pour 1 cup of water also into the above mixture and sauté the mixture till Sabudana becomes soft and transparent.
- Now soak saffron flakes into few tbsp of cold milk for about 10 minutes.
- Add this saffron mixture into the Kheer.
- Now Sabudana Kheer is ready to serve.
- Serve hot.
Other Similar Recipes
- Carrot Kheer
- Lauki Kheer