Rice Chakli is very famous recipe from Maharashtra and South India. It is prepared from rice and spices. This rice Chakli can be stored for long time period. Rice Chakli is crispy and savory snack. You can serve rice Chakli along with tea.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||25-30 mins|
|Number Of Serves||4|
Ingredients for Rice hakli
- Plain flour - 1 cup
- Rice flour - 1 cup
- Besan - 1/2 cup
- Sesame seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Ground green chilies - 2
- Soda bicarb - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt acc to taste
- For deep frying - oil
How To Make Rice Chakli
- Firstly add some turmeric, salt and coconut paste to buttermilk mixture.
- Now add some boiled vegetables to this mixture.
- Keep the mixture on a low heat until buttermilk mixture becomes thick.
- Continue stirring the mixture while the cooking process is going on.
- Now add some sliced coriander leaves to the mixture and marinate it with cumin, hing, curry leaves and mustard in hot oil.
- Put it on heat for some time and then the recipe prepared can be served hot.
- Make a smooth batter by mixing plain flour with rice flour by adding soda bicarb.
- Tie this batter into big muslin cloth.
- Put this covered batter into vessel. Cover the vessel from top.
- Put this vessel into pressure cooker and let them steam.
- Remove the vessel from pressure cooker and again knead it.
- Now mix all ingredients except oil. Oil is used for deep frying.
- Make soft dough from the batter.
- Usr murukku press and press down the dough.
- Use large palin plate to press down the dough again properly.
- Do not forget to grease the plate.
- Now put murukku into warm oil.
- Fry these murukku over medium flame until they gets golden brown.
- Drain out the rice chakli from the oil and put them on tissue paper, so that extra drain out from the rice chaklis. Let them cool for some time. Put them into an air tight container.
Other Similar Recipes
- Rice Idli
- Rice Roti
- Coconutmilk Dosas
- Kesari Bhath
- Medhu Vada
- Spicy Tomato Rasam
- Rava Idli with Sagoo