Puliyodharai is a popular south Indian dish. It is made with rice and tamarind. It is very nutritious dish. If you have never tried of it, try it for once at least.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Puliyodharai
- Tamarind balls - 5 (Lemon sized)
- Rice - 2 Cups
- Peanut - 2 Cups
- Red chilies - 5
- Green chilies - 2
- Pieces of ginger – 4 inch in size
- Asafoetida- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric - 1 teaspoon
- Mustard - 1 teaspoon
- Chana dal - 1 teaspoon
- Sambar powder - 2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves - 1/2 Cup
- Gingelly oil - 1/2 Cup
- Salt - 4 teaspoon
How To Make Puliyodharai
- Take warm water in a bowl. Soak tamarind into it for about 10 minutes
- Pass this mixture through strainer so that pulp is obtained.
- Take rice and boil them.
- When rice gets boil, spread it over a large plate to let it cool.
- Now take a sauce pan and heat some oil into it.
- Add daal, chilies, tamarind pulp, salt, mustard, sambar powder, ginger, turmeric, and asafetida.
- If you find tamarind pulp thick, then add about ½ cup of water to it.
- Now boil this mixture.
- Combine curry leaves and peanuts with it.
- When mixture starts leaving pan sides, then remove the mixture from the heat.
- Add this cooked mixture to the boiled rice and mix it thoroughly. Make sure that the rice does not get crushed.
- If rice starts sticky, then add little gingelly oil to the rice mixture so that they separate from each other.
- Puliyodharai is ready to eat.
Other Similar Recipes
- Brown rice