Pesarattu is a popular South Indian Dish made from green moong dal. It is also called as Dosa. It is Lentil based pancake which is generally serve with coconut or spicy green chutney. It is better healthy option for breakfast.
|Preparation Time||20 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
|Number Of Serves||4|
Ingredients for Pesarattu
- Whole green moong dal - 1 cup
- Rice flour - 2 tablespoon
- Fresh and peeled ginger - 1
- Green chilies – 2 to 3
- For grinding - 1- 1 1/2 cup of water
- Salt acc to taste
- Finely chopped onion - 1 medium
- Finely chopped ginger - 1
- Finely chopped green chilies – 2 to 3
- Cumin seeds - 2 tablespoon
- Oil – 2 to 3 tablespoon
How To Make Pesarattu
- Immerse moong dal into water overnight.
- Wash moong dal properly and grind it. Also add green chilies and ginger to it. Make a soft batter from it.
- Now move the batter into a bowl. Add salt and rice flour to it.
- Keep non stick frying pan greased with oil over a low flame.
- Put a big spoon of batter on the frying pan. Scatter it into a thin layer of round shaped just like pancake and apply little oil to the edges of the Pesarattu.
- Now spread green chilies, cumin seeds, and chopped onions over the Pesarattu.
- Sauté the Pesarattu until its edges becomes brown in color. Then turn over the Pesarattu and again apply oil to the edges of it.
- Sauté for about 1 minute. Make sure that the edges of the Pesarattu do not get over cooked.
- Pesarattu is ready to serve.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining batter. But before that sprinkle little amount of water over the pan.
- Serve it along with green chutney.
Other Similar Recipes
- Dosa Enchiladas (Recipe Using Left Overs)
- Chila (Mumbai Roadside Recipes)
- Radish Moong Dal Chilas
- Fresh Corn Enchiladas
- Enchiladas (Healthy Diabetic Recipe)
- Mini Chila Chaat
- Hari Chila Roti
- Pesarattu (Cooking With Sprouts)
- Nutritious Chila