Onion bhaji is now considered as perfect dish for starters at functions. Onion bhaji is generally made with core food items like fried onions and soaked potatoes. Serve these delicious onion bhaji with dhania chutney or sauce.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Number Of Serves||4|
Ingredients for Onion Bhaji
- Gram flour/ Besan - 100g
- Chili powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground cumin - 1/2 teaspoon
- Thinly sliced large onion - 1
- Finely chopped and deseeded - 1 Green Chilli
- Fresh coriander – finely chopped – 25 gm
- For mixing- water
- For deep frying- Vegetable oil
How To Make Onion Bhaji
- Take a bowl. Add flour, baking powder, chili, salt, and turmeric into it. Now add chilies, onions, and chopped coriander. Mix it well.
- Take a deep fat fryer and preheat it to 180ºC.
- Add water to the mixture and make a thick batter by mixing properly.
- Now coat the onions by this batter.
- Now slowly add the coated onions into the heated oil and fry them until the onions color becomes dark golden brown.
- Strain them using strainer and put them on paper towel. Serve hot with dhania chutney or sauce.
Some Useful Tips
You can serve onion bhaji with mango or lemon pickle. Other flavors can also add to this onion bhaji like finely chopped coriander or mint leaves.
Other Similar Recipes
- Pickled onions
- Deep fried onion rings
- Onion Pakora
- French onion soup