Nawabi Biryani is another dish made on the occasion of Eid. You will get its ingredients easily available in the market. In this dish, little quantity of dry fruits is also used, that is why it is called as Nawabi Biryani. It is most popular among Muslim as well as Non vegetarian people.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Nawabi Biryani
- Basmati rice - 325 gm
- Small pieces of mutton - 1/2 kg
- Sliced onions - 3
- Garlic – ginger paste - 1/2 tablespoon
- Garam Masala - 1 teaspoon
- Finely chopped red chillies - 3
- Cinnamon - 1
- Beaten curd - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom - 3 Green
- 5 - Pepper
- 5 - Cloves
- Shahjeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Milk with saffron - 1/4 cup
- Finely chopped pudina or coriander - 1 pinch
- Apricots – 5
- Dry Fruits
- Ghee acc to requirement
How To Make Nawabi Biryani
- Take a sauce pan. Add apricots, dry fruits, and 2½ tablespoon ghee. Fry apricots and dry fruits into ghee by adding little salt.
- Make a fine paste from red chilies and fried onions by grinding them.
- Take mutton pieces. Marinate them with turmeric powder, curd, salt, garlic-ginger paste, and onion paste.
- Take pressure cooker. Add ghee into it and heat it up. Now add marinated mutton pieces into the pressure cooker till it get done.
- Now take another sauce pan, add all the ingredients into it, fry them properly and add rice into the mixture.
- Now add warm water and salt into it. Water level should be above 1½ inch to the rice. Now stir the rice properly.
- Now take out the cooked rice from pan, spread it on the serving plate to cool and also take out all the spices from it.
- Now take another pan, apply a coat of ghee to it to its bottom. Pour cooked pieces of mutton into it and add little amount of Garam Masala into it.
- Cover the pieces of mutton with the rice layer and pour melted ghee over it. Also add saffron milk.
- In the last add fried dry fruits, cover the pan with lid, and keep aside for about 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve it pudina or coriander chutney.
Other Similar Recipes
- Fried Rice
- Goan Mussel Pulao
- Prawn Pulao
- Chicken Biryani
- Arroz Refogado
- Plain Pulao
- Vegetable Pulao