Avial is very famous South Indian curry recipe. Avial is basically a recipe of Kerala region. It is also referred as Indian Stew as you can have this recipe like soup too. Avial Recipe is prepared from a lot of veggies, yogurt and coconut. Colocasia roots carrots, drumsticks, red pumpkin, raw banana, broad beans and asparagus are mainly used to prepare South Indian Avial Recipe.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Number Of Serves||4|
Ingredients for Mutton Korma
- Cumin seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Coriander seeds - 4 tablespoon
- Cayenne pepper - 1-2 teaspoon
- Saffron threads - 1 teaspoon
- Hot milk - 3 tablespoon
- Clarified butter or ghee - 6 tablespoon
- Finely chopped middle sized onions - 2
- Cinnamon sticks/ black cardamom pods - 5
- Cloves - 4
- Bay leaves - 3
- Finely grated fresh ginger - 1
- Minced garlic cloves - 4
- Boneless lamb - 2 lb
- Yogurt – fresh- 1 cup
- Cream - 1/4 cup
- Rose water - 1 tablespoon
- Finely blanched almond - 1/4 cup
How To Make Mutton Korma
- Take a grinder, grind the coriander and cumin seeds finely, mix them with red pepper and then keep them nearby stove.
- Now soak the pinch of saffron into hot milk.
- Take a shallow, heavy sauce pan, take ghee into it. Heat it up.
- Now cook finely chopped onions, cinnamon, bay leaves, cardamom pods, and cloves into the pan over a medium flame. Mix it well and cook till onion becomes reddish brown in color.
- Now add garlic and ginger into the above mixture. Cook them constantly.
- Now add all the ground spices into the above mixture and stir them until the spices starts releasing their fragrances.
- Take a paper towel, pat it on meat and dry it. Now cook half of the meat portion into the above mixture.
- Increase the flame, from medium to high and cook the meat properly. Make sure that the meat is covered with the layer of spices.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining meat. If the mixture gets dry, add little amount of water into it.
- Now reduce the flame from high to medium. Add yogurt into it one spoon at a time, cook them uniformly.
- Now reduce the flame from medium to low. Cover the sauce pan with lid and let the mixture cook for about 90 minutes. Make sure that the meat gets tender. If you find lack of water into the mixture add some amount of water to it. Also add salt acc to taste when meat becomes tender.
- Now add cream and cook again. Cook till the mixture gets thick. Now add saffron and some rose water into it. Cook constantly.
- Now fry some almonds into the oil till they get golden brown in color.
- Mutton korma is ready to serve. Garnish it with roasted almonds.
Other Similar Recipes
- Dal Makhani
- Butter Chicken
- Chicken Rezala
- Murg Makhani
- Thai Chicken Pad
- Paneer Butter Masala