Imarti is very popular dessert from the state of Rajasthan. The recipe has been simplified and made easy to prepare over here: all one needs to do is follow the steps provided below to make imarti quickly.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Number Of Serves||4|
Ingredients for Imarti
- Urad dal- 2 cup
- Sugar- 3 cup
- water- 300 ml
- Saffron- a pinch
- Ground cardamom- 1/2 tsp.
- Ghee to fry- 500 gm
How To Make Imarti
- Keep urad dal soaked in water for overnight.
- Drain and wash. Make into a thick paste using water as necessary.
- Add saffron and mix well.
- Keep aside for at least 3 hours.
- Make sugar syrup and add cardamom powder to it.
- Use a cloth container with a nozzle to make imarti into hot ghee/oil. Deep fry till crisp.
- Take out of ghee and put in sugar syrup.
- Let it soak up some sugar syrup and then take out and it is ready to be served.
Other Similar Recipes
- Blackstrap molassses