Gujia is an extremely delicious festival recipe. This deep fried delicacy is usually prepared during the festival of colors i.e. Holi. Learn how to make this recipe in a simple and easy manner at home by following the steps given below.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Number Of Serves||4|
Ingredients for Gujia
- Oil/ ghee for frying
For The Cover
- All purpose flour- 500 gm Maida
- Melted Ghee- 6 tblsp
For The FillingKhoya- 500-600 gm
- Green Cardamom Powder-1/2 tsp
- Chopped Almonda- 25 gm
- Raisins- 25 gm
- Shredded dry Coconut- 25 gm
- Sugar- 350 gm
How To Make Gujia
- Filter the flour using a sieve.
- Mix flour and oil together.
- Add water and knead lightly.
- Make soft but tight dough of it. Add water as necessary.
- Keep it aside covered with a wet cloth.
- Fry khoya in a pan till it turns brown in color.
- Add rest of the filling ingredients and cook for 2 more minutes. Take it off the heat and let it cool down.
- Now divide the dough into small balls and flatten them into a puri like shape.
- Place some filling on 1 side and bring the other part over to cover it. Use water to stick both ends together.
- Make sure that the filling does not ooze out.
- Make all the gujias in similar manner and spread out on the cloth.
- Take a wok and heat ghee in it. Deep fry all the gujias till they are golden brown.
- Keep them stored in an airtight jar till needed to be served.
Some Useful Tips
- One can also coat the gujias in sugar syrup to add extra sweetness.
- Gujia moulds can also be used to form gujias instead by hand too.
Other Similar Recipes