Cherry Cookies are unique pale and chewy cookie recipe. The speciality of this recipe is that it can be baked even when they are frozen. Follow this simple procedure to prepare this yummy recipe
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||14 mins|
|Number Of Serves||4|
Ingredients for Cherry Cookies
- One and half cups of all-purpose flour
- Half cup of cocoa powder
- One fourth tsp of salt
- One fourth tsp baking soda
- One fourth tsp of baking powder
- Half cup butter
- One cup of granulated sugar
- One egg
- One and a half cup of vanilla
- One jar of soaked maraschino cherries
- Packet of semisweet chocolate chips
- Half cup condensed milk
How to Make Cherry Cookies
- Take a large bowl and add cocoa powder, baking powder, flour, soda and salt in the bowl and mix it properly and leave it aside for sometime.
- Now take another bowl and beat some sugar and butter in it till the time it becomes fluffy.
- Add some vanilla and egg to the mixture and beat it properly.
- Now add the dry ingredients to cream type mixture and beat this mixture properly till it becomes smooth.
- Use hands to shape the dough in one inch balls and then put it on non lubricated baking sheet.
- Press the centre portion of the dough with the thumb.
- Soak the maraschino cherries in the liquid. Place one cherry in the centre portion of each cookie.
- Take a saucepan and add some chocolate pieces and condensed milk in the mixture and leave it for heating on low flame till the time the chocolate completely melts.
- Add one tbsp + one tsp of the reserved cherry juice to the mixture.
- Put one tsp cheery over every cookie.
- If frosting mixture becomes thick or thin add some cherry juice in it.
- Finally bake the mixture at about 350° for round about 10 minutes.
- Allow it to cool for sometime and then the recipe will be ready to serve.
Some Useful Tips
Dried cranberries can be used in case you fell short of cherries.
Other Similar Recipes
- Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
- Dipped Macaroons