Chakara Pongal is a traditional South Indian recipe which is sweet in taste and prepared mainly on the occasion of Makar Sankranti. Follow this simple procedure to prepare this delicious recipe.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Number Of Serves||4|
Ingredients for Chakara Pongal
- One cup of Long Grain Rice
- One eighth cup of Moong Dhal
- One cup Milk
- One cup of Melted Butter
- Three fourth cup of brown sugar.
- Half teaspoon of Cardamom Powder
- No of Raisins-ten
- No of Cashew Nuts-6 to 8
How to Make Chakara Pongal
- First take a bowl and mix moong daal and cooked rice in it and do this till the mixture gets completely mixed.
- Take some ghee in a pan and saute some raisins and cashews in it and do this till it become golden brown in color and then leave it aside for sometime.
- Now add some brown sugar to water and heat it till it gets completely dissolved and becomes thick in nature.
- Now add the cooked rice to dal and gur mixture and stir it on low heat till it gets completely mixed.
- Add the rest of the ghee in the mixture and continue the stirring process.
- Finally add some powdered form cardamom in the mixture and mix it properly.
- Garnish the recipe with cashews and fried raisins.
Other Similar Recipes
- Til Ladoo
- Rice Payasam
- Aval Payasam
- Rava Pongal
- Sweet Pongal
- Ven Pongal