Carrot cake is a unique spice cake which is prepared with toasted nuts and grinded carrots and which tastes even better when covered with tasty sweet cream cheese frosting. The orange flecks of the grinded carrot are responsible for the color, sweetness and texture of the recipe. Prepare this recipe by following this simple method.
|Preparation Time||30 mins|
|Cooking Time||60 mins|
|Number Of Serves||4|
Ingredients for Carrot Cake
- No of eggs-four
- One fourth cups of vegetable oil
- Two cups white sugar
- Two tsp vanilla
- two cups maida
- Two tsp baking soda
- Two tsp baking powder
- Half tsp salt
- Two tsp ground cinnamon
- Three cups grated carrots
- One cup chopped pecans
- half cup softened butter
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- Four cups Confectioners' sugar
- One tsp vanilla extract
- One cup of chopped pecans
How to Make Carrot Cake
- Firstly preheat an oven at about 350 degrees F.
- Now take a frying pan and lubricate it.
- Take a large bowl beat 2 tsp vanilla, eggs, some oil and white sugar altogether in that bowl.
- Now mix baking powder, baking soda, flour, cinnamon and salt in the mixture and put some carrots in it.
- Fold some pecans in the prepared mixture and then place it in the pan.
- Now keep the mixture in the over for about 40-50mins.
- Allow it to cool for about 10mins and then place it on a wire rack so that it gets cooled completely.
- For Frosting: Take a medium bowl and add cream cheese, butter, one tsp vanilla and confectioners' sugar in the bowl and mix it properly.
- Whip the mixture till it becomes creamy and smooth.
- Now stir some chopped pecans in the mixture.
- Put the cooled cake for frosting for some time.
Some Useful Tips
Use unsalted butter in the recipe
Other Similar Recipes
- Orange Carrot Cake
- Carrot Sheet Cake with Cheese