Badami Gosht is a popular dish which is prepared especially on the occasion of Eid ul Fitr. It is a tangy and tasty non vegetarian recipe. The curry and the ingredients used in recipe gives this recipe a nice aroma and which makes it even more delicious in taste.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Number Of Serves||4|
Ingredients for Badami Gosht
- Five tablespoon vegetable oil
- two cinnamon sticks
- No of garlic cloves-six
- One tablespoon cardamom seeds
- One chopped Onion
- Amount of grinded garlic-2
- Properly sliced and peeled ginger-1 1/2
- One and half pound cubed lamb
- One fourth cup of yogurt
- One teaspoon saffron threads dipped in two tablespoon boiling water
- Half teaspoon chili powder
- Half cup ground almond
- One teaspoon salt
- One and half cup of coconut milk
- Two dried red chillies
How to Make Badami Gosht
- Take a heating pan and start heating some oil in it.
- Combine cardamom, cloves and cinnamon in the pan and sauté it for about one minute.
- Now add some onion to the mixture and stir fry till it become soft.
- Add some ginger and garlic to the mixture and sauté it for round about 3 minutes and stir it in between.
- Now mix some lamb cubes in the mixture and fry it for about 5mins till it become brown in color.
- Now whip some saffron mixture, yogurt, salt and chili powder and mix it in the mixture of lamb cubes.
- Now stir fry the mixture for about 5mins.
- Now with the help of water start grinding almonds and prepare a thick paste type mixture.
- Add chillies and the prepared paste to lamb cubes and stir it properly to form a paste type mixture.
- Put this mixture on a low flame for about 5 minutes.
- Finally add some coconut milk to the mixture, lower down the heat and cover it properly and boil it for about 35 to 40mins till the lamb gets properly cooked.
- Take off the lid cover from the pot for the last 10 minutes while cooking.
- Put this prepared recipe in a heated up dish and the recipe can be served hot.
Other Similar Recipes
- Kadhai Gosht
- Mughlai Parantha
- Chicken Rezala
- Soya Biryani
- Indian Chicken Tandoori
- Thai Chicken Pad