Avial is very famous South Indian curry recipe. Avial is basically a recipe of Kerala region. It is also referred as Indian Stew as you can have this recipe like soup too. Avial Recipe is prepared from a lot of veggies, yogurt and coconut. Colocasia roots carrots, drumsticks, red pumpkin, raw banana, broad beans and asparagus are mainly used to prepare South Indian Avial Recipe.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Number Of Serves||4|
Ingredients for Avial
- Boiled vegetables –Two cups
- Use Boiled Vegetables like:
- raw bananas
- Roast these ingredients in small amount of oil and mix them properly to form a paste type mixture:
- Two teaspoon cumin seeds
- Two tbsp of shredded coconut
- Green chillies-Four to five
- 3/4th packet of buttermilk
- hint of turmeric
- Add salt according to taste
- Use three teaspoon cooking oil for marinating
- One tbsp properly sliced coriander leaves
How To Make Avial
- Firstly add some turmeric, salt and coconut paste to buttermilk mixture.
- Now add some boiled vegetables to this mixture.
- Keep the mixture on a low heat until buttermilk mixture becomes thick.
- Continue stirring the mixture while the cooking process is going on.
- Now add some sliced coriander leaves to the mixture and marinate it with cumin, hing, curry leaves and mustard in hot oil.
- Put it on heat for some time and then the recipe prepared can be served hot.
Some Useful Tips
Potato or any other veggies can be added to the recipe if required.
Other Similar Recipes
- Akki Roti
- Lady's Finger in Curd
- Masala Kichadi
- Raagi Puttu
- Lady's Finger Fry