Commissions In India
Commissions ar usually statutory bodies of freelance stature specifically appointed by the govt. to handle a particular issue usually, headed principally by senior judiciaries, of some cases it are often one man commission relying upon the actual purpose such commissions ar ingrained, upholding arbitration quite powers, by creating inquiries with all ends connected with the actual purpose, some obtaining quashed once the aim is accomplished, whereas there can be several commissions continued over a period of your time, with specific terms of workplace outlined for those that monitor those commissions.
of Republic of India there ar widespread commissions that ar of permanent nature, solely the workplace holders of these commissions being modified term once term, such as, The commission of Republic of India, The Finance commission of Republic of India, The Law Commission of Republic of India, etc, that have perennial role to play of various areas of purpose.
Commissions being appointed for specific purpose of inquiry or investigation, they sometimes carry a mandate of defining concepts and principles, such as Mandal’s commission which was appointed for giving a virdict on the allocation of quota for educational opportunity to socially and educationally backward class of people, which became popular because of the controversies that arose with its findings.
Likewise, Sarkaria Commission was instituted by the Government of India, to examine and give mandate on the relationship and balance of power between the State and the Central Governments and to suggest changes of the Constitution of India, which was another popular commission of India.
When a commission is appointed, its functions and powers are clearly defined, for example the functions of a particular commission may include
- Evaluating the issues involved
- Monitoring the existing provisions without damage to the present practise while proceeding with the examination and investigation
- Making recommendations for the effective implementation for resolving the issues
- Commenting on specific observations made during the Evaluation which may help the Government to examine those areas further.
With regard to the powers of the Commission the Government may define
- Summoning and enforcing the attendance of any person from any part of India and examining the concerned person on oath.
- Requiring one to dig out and production of any document.
- Obtaining evidence on affidavit.
- Asking for any public record or copy thereof from any court or office.
- Issuing orders for the examination of witnesses and documents.
Commissions are appointed for various issues, including the inappropriate exercise of power by the Government of certain actions, where the Government itself is a party and the Citizen require justice on those issues, such as Commissions appointed for the questions raised by action taken by Anti-terrorism legislation or even Police encounter actions.